The state of Florida has a ruled that you must take a hair braiding 16 hour course before you can work in hair salons. If the state board Inspector walks into the salon and sees you working without a license you will be fined! As a Licensed Cosmetologist, I can say that there are two sides to this story. Getting a license can help you in many ways to take your career to the next level.
What are the four reasons you may want to get a Braiding License? Is it really necessary in the State of Florida? Most people have said to me, “I’ve been braiding hair all my life! “I started braiding hair at the age of 10!” I even heard, ” I already have a clientele, why do I need a braiding license?!” Although all of those comments may be the true, you still have to go through the process of attending a hair braiding 16 hour course to get your braiding license.
Braiding is not only a fun career, it is the doorway to many other careers in the Beauty Industry. Here are the Four (4) reasons to get a braiding License:
- To show that you have gone through training and are an expert in your field.
- To be able to open your own business hair braiding studio or salon.
- To learn how to protect yourself and your clients from communicable diseases and disorders of the hair and scalp.
- To be able to charge your clients the prices that you are really worth.
The 16 Hour Braiding Course will teach you the following:
- Initial AIDS/HIV
- Sanitation Sterilization
- Diseases and Disorders of the scalp
- Laws & rules
If you would like to learn more, Become a Licensed Braider click here . By having a braiding license, you will have many opportunities for advancement. It will put you on a level that will allow you to begin your journey into the billion dollar industry of Cosmetology.