- AGE: Specialty registration applicants must be at least 16 years of age or have received a high school diploma.
- EDUCATION: Applicants must complete our Board of Cosmetology approved two-day, 16-hour hair braiding course and submit the course completion certificate with the State application to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- EXAMINATION: You do not have to take the Florida cosmetology examination for this registration.
- FEE: Pay the required fee as listed on our application page. When applying online, you can pay with a credit card or debit card. Sorry, we do not allow mailing in your payment.
- Military veterans, their spouses, and Florida National Guard members may be eligible for the fee discount. Please visit our braiding/Military Services page for more information.
- APPLICATION: Complete the application by clicking on the “Online Services” link or the “Printable Application” link at the bottom of the page.
- MORE INFORMATION: Learn more about this profession’s application requirements (use the back button or arrow to return to this page).
If you have questions or need assistance in completing your application, please call the Customer Contact Center at 407-272-5088 or use our convenient contact form.